"Make me want to obey You rather than be rich.
Take away my foolish desires and let me find life by walking with You."
~ Psalm 119:36-37

Friday, March 5, 2010

Silence

from http://www.aholyexperience.com/

“And maybe more than anything else, we want to be seen, known…If not to the millions, on Survivor or Oprah, then to the hundreds, on Twitter or Facebook. This is the quality that validates us, this is how we become real to ourselves — by being seen by others. The great contemporary terror is anonymity…”

“I think we fear aloneness only because we forget. We forget Who He is: "You are (El Roi) a God who sees” (Gen. 16:13). There is no such thing as anonymity. There is nothing to fear. El Roi, our God sees! What could be greater than this audience of One?”

Oh how true!!  Silence is intimidating.  If I don’t speak, if I’m not heard, then what do I matter to this world?  If I don’t produce something of value (be it a tangible object or even something abstract), do I leave a mark on this world?  What use is each 24 hour day?

But He tells me a different story.  Surprise…it’s a truth completely opposite of this world.  In the silence, He knows me, and that’s when I know more about Him…I can hear Him speak, if not through a voice, then through a regal mountain, a child, a breeze.

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0

Path to Freedom

Garden Time