"Make me want to obey You rather than be rich.
Take away my foolish desires and let me find life by walking with You."
~ Psalm 119:36-37

Thursday, March 25, 2010

My one desire

“All i want is Christ and to know that i belong to Him.”  ~ Philippians 3:9 

Wow…if that truly was my one, my only desire.  I count really count everything as loss, garbage.  I’m fighting with myself.  I come back to “my” verses (from CHV – Christy’s Heart Version):

“Make me want to obey You rather than be rich [and in control.] Take away my foolish desires and let me find life by walking with You.”  Psalm 119:36-37

“Because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with a peace that no one can really understand.  And this peace will control the way you think and feel.”  Philippians 4:7

“You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind rests in You because he trusts in You.”  Isaiah 26:3

peace

1 comment:

  1. Christy, Wow. I love the first verse you listed and the quote about peace. Excellent reminders of what we should be striving for.

    It's nice to visit you in your nook in blogland! I must share something with you. My blogging friend, Mavis, is a total coupon-aholic. When I read your coupon comment, I instantly thought you two should meet. Here is her address- you'll have to scroll down a bit to get to the coupon madness:-).

    http://thegardenjournal.blogspot.com/

    Have a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0

Path to Freedom

Garden Time